The purpose of the Medical Biller is to help our clients correctly bill their insurance companies for the services they receive at Bayside Urgent Care Center. This critical role helps the patients so that they have no misunderstandings about their insurance coverage and billings. And, it helps the urgent care by making sure we are paid for our services. It is an essential urgent care job.
Qualifications for the healthcare career of a medical biller are as follows. They must:
- Be highly organized and attentive to detail.
- Have familiarity with medical terminology.
- Have thorough knowledge of both ICD10 codes for diagnostics. And CPT codes / HCPCS codes for procedures and their modifiers.
- Keep operations within 2 – 5 lag days.
- Obtain referrals and pre-authorizations as required for procedures.
- Verify that procedural codes and diagnostic codes support one another.
- Be responsible for daily monitoring of claims, working with aging patients and insurance companies.
- Use workbaskets.
- Ensure they have all the relevant information needed from the patient. And that this information is correct to proceed with a claim to the insurance company.
- Create accurate, formally correct insurance claims. And they must send these claims to insurance companies for reimbursement.
- Be familiar with and able to perform duties with electronic billing software and practice management systems. This includes electronic and paper claim processing, in addition to clearinghouses.
- Have familiarity with and be able to perform all duties with all claim formats for each major payer. This includes BCBS (and other private payers), Medicare, Medicaid, Tricare and Various worker’s compensation and disability organizations. In addition, they must be familiar with the type of claim an insurance payer accepts and adjust the claim accordingly.
- Create bills for patient payments and billing patients for their responsibility after insurance pays.
- Interpret the Explanation of Benefits (EOB), in addition to checking for accuracy in transaction reports. And they must explain the general billing process to patients.
- Be familiar with co-pays, coinsurance and deductibles to bill patients correctly.
- Be able to determine why a claim was denied or rejected and correct errors if possible.
- Resubmit rejected claims. And they must prepare and submit appeals.
- Make sure the charges and reimbursements correspond to the Provider’s agreement with the payer.
- Call insurance companies regarding any discrepancy in payments. This includes researching and appealing denied claims.
- Answer all patient or insurance company telephone inquiries.
- Be able to work within a team atmosphere.
If you qualify for this urgent care job, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.
You may fill out our application by clicking here:
Bayside Urgent Care Center Application for Employment
When you are ready, submit your application and resume or CV by:
Bayside Urgent Care Center, Inc.
1001 S. Ft. Harrison Ave. Suite 101
Clearwater, FL 33756
Please remember to be very honest, clear, and concise when you present us with your information. Urgent care jobs require a high level of responsibility. We expect that you will be able to perform the duties you list on your submission when you arrive.
As a growing and improving medical clinic, Bayside Urgent Care Center is always looking for individuals to join our team that are: