What Treatments are Available?
If you are bitten or stung, Bayside Urgent Care is here to help. We will evaluate the bite and prescribe medication for pain and itch relief, decreasing swelling, and preventing complications. You may find that the following also help you feel more comfortable:
- Cold pack to reduce swelling
- Hydrocortisone cream, calamine lotion, or baking soda paste to reduce itching
- Special anti-itch soap or common bar soap
What To Bring When You Visit
If you believe you are having a mild reaction to a bug bite, you can help us by letting us know:
- Symptoms you are experiencing
- When and how often they occur
- Bugs or insects you may have had contact with
Also, be prepared to tell us about any medications you take (including vitamins and supplements). Let us know of past illnesses and surgeries. Also, give us your primary care doctor’s phone number and address so we can transfer records, if necessary.